- Back to Home »
- The Benefits of a Life Coach for Today's Modern Entrepreneur
Posted by : Amanda Stein Saturday, August 31, 2013
Many entrepreneurs begin their business pursuits with enthusiasm and great anticipation for their futures. However, when they start to lose interest in their businesses or experience slow starts to their entrepreneurial pursuits, these people may think of giving up and going back to their former professions. Rather than give up hope and admit defeat, entrepreneurs can find renewed interest in their businesses when they utilize the services of a life coach.
A life coach can help entrepreneurs get back on track and discover new options for carrying out their business pursuits. When an entrepreneur is ready to rely on life coaching, this individual can find a life coach by utilizing several different resources.
The Role of a Life Coach
Life coaches vary in their client approaches and what methods they use to motivate people. Even so, most life coaches share similar thoughts on what their roles should be in their chosen profession. If asked about his or her job duties, a typical life coach may report that the following are common expectations of this profession:
• Provide objective critiques on what a client may or may not be doing well in his or her business pursuits
• Identify spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental concerns of the client
• Encourage clients to seek therapy or medication for serious health issues
• Provide insight on budgeting and financial strategies
• Assist with creativity brainstorming or coming up with fresh ideas for business
The Benefits of a Life Coach
Given that information, people may still wonder how they could benefit by relying on a life coach for help with their entrepreneurial interests. While no career coach can guarantee a person’s success, any client could benefit by:
• Learning how to self-identify problems before they occur and remedy these issues quickly
• Approaching possible crises with objectivity and calm to ensure the best outcome
• Learning coping mechanisms to stress, such as meditation, prayer, or time alone each day
• Discovering new avenues of creativity and seizing on opportunities that present themselves
Where to Find a Life Coach
Finding a life coach in a person’s immediate area does not have to be a challenge. While some life coaches advertise in local newspapers and magazines, others advertise their services online. Entrepreneurs who seek out these services, whether it's a career coach NYC agency or one in Miami, are encouraged to utilize an online directory in their searches. They could look under the terms “life coach” as well as “business coach” to help them locate people in their area who are trained and available for these services.
Entrepreneurs can also find mentors by joining local civic organizations. Many civic groups network with motivational speakers and life coaches who are frequently retained as guest speakers at these groups’ meetings. People could approach these speakers upon joining these groups and retain these individuals’ services.
Many entrepreneurs experience periodic burn out or lack of interest that leaves them unable to carry on with their business efforts successfully. Rather than close their businesses and admit defeat, they can experience renewed interest in their pursuits when they retain the help of a life coach. Life and career coaches offer a variety of services that can be greatly beneficial to the entrepreneurial endeavors of people in the business arena.
Author Bio: Author and artist Molly Pearce has found the mentorship of experienced peers in her field to be key to her career journey thus far and would definitely employ a life coach to aid her on the path to a more successful business. When looking for a career coach NYC residents turn to noomii.com, the web's most extensive directory of trusted life coaches, business coaches, executive coaches, and career coaches. They can tailor your search results to your own needs and personal preferences.