Posted by : Amanda Stein Sunday, December 9, 2012
Every single businessman is constantly on the lookout to promote his business. The way to do this is through advertising, social networking sites and so on. Facebook is one of the most popular networking sites today. However, there are also other cost-effective ways for businesses to do this. Let’s take a look at 5 of these cost effective alternatives.
Networking: Closely linked to Facebook and as mentioned above, networking is an invaluable resource for your business. There are opportunities for networking all around. Sign up on several social media sites to enhance your businesses’ popularity. LinkedIn is another social networking site that is very popular today. It has over 55 million job seekers, basic business opportunities (not to forget, network ones) etc. You can also take a look at other professional sites such as Plaxo and FastPitch. Use these professional sites as a professional contacts database online.
Develop a social networking strategy: It is easy to network but you need to have an excellent networking strategy in place in order for networking to be effective. Ask yourself certain basic questions such as :-
- Why do I need this site?
- What is the main goal of my networking strategy?
- Who am I targeting?
- Who will manage my page/pages on the site?
- Who will be the voice of my page?
Once you have answered these questions, set up a system and stick to it. Remember that there are different types of social networking sites. For instance, you have “free for all” social sites (MySpace), industry specific sites (I-Meet, ResearchGATE), professional sites (LinkedIn) etc.
Have fun: This might sound weird to you but having a contest on your website might just be an effective tool in getting traffic to it. Everyone loves a contest and what better place or way to do this than to advertise on your very own business website. You can even advertise on your blog or Twitter to make sure that more and more people are aware of this and get involved too. Be sure to include great prizes like a weekend get away or a free dinner etc. This will encourage people to participate. Include discounts and savings on products.
Publicize: Publicize, publicize, publicize! Need I say more? The more publicity you give your business, the better it will be for you. This is probably one of the most cost effective Facebook alternatives for you. Look out for opportunities online where you can post achievements made in your field. The profile you set up on these other social networking sites is important as well. Your profile represents you and your company. Add multimedia to your page. Share photos and videos. Let people get an inside look into your company. Do not however, get too personal on the site. Do not post pictures of office parties and so on. Ensure you set privacy settings as well.
Finally, check out these alternative sites to Facebook for your business.
- I-Meet: You can establish great contacts and save money on event planning on this professional site.
- LinkedIn: As mentioned earlier, this is a great site to network on. It is definitely a professional site where you can network with other businesses in your field, colleagues as well as find employees.
- FastPitch: This site allows businesses to market themselves. You can post events, submit keywords to enhance your profile etc. Remember that the companies who benefit the most from social networking sites are the ones that take the time to interact with customers. Another point to keep in mind is that you must post relevant content to both your site and the social networking site you are on. Follow these tips and you are sure to be on the road to success. Good luck!
Author Bio: Heather Protz, a freelance writer for USAheadlines.com - offers full home security to help protect your family, assets from burglary and other crimes. ADT Security Services